But are you wondering how drinking more water can improve your health? Check out these 5 things that drinking more water can do for you:
- Drinking water is a great weight loss tool. It can suppress your appetite, boost your metabolism, and replace soda and other high-calorie drinks.
- Speaking of weight loss, you can burn extra calories just by drinking ice cold water. The colder the water, the more energy your body will need to regulate its temperature. And when your body uses energy, it burns calories.
- Tummy troubles? Drinking water can help. Water flushes toxins and aids our digestive system, kidney function, and blood circulation.
- If you’re training for Pretty Muddy or another race, it’s extra important to keep your body well-hydrated. Dehydration can cause muscle cramps and joint pain, which can hinder your training and performance on race day.
- On top of the physical aches and pains, dehydration just makes you feel lousy – it can cause headaches, fatigue, irritability, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Drink water – your loved ones will thank you!
You should always try to drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day every day – and when you’re in training, you should drink even more to compensate for the fluids you’re losing from all that good, hard sweating!
For more tips on increasing your water consumption and improving your training, stop by Mommy Runs It and join the conversation!