Not only do I love to run and get my sweat on, I love all the fun gear that comes with it. Over the years I’ve come to call my collection my exercise essentials. In order for any workout to be successful, I NEED all of these things! Not only do they make sweating a pleasant experience, but they also make it comfortable (as can be) and fun.
So here are my exercise essentials:
- Headband – My headband is my saving grace when it comes to keeping stray hairs away from my face. I think it’s near impossible for me to work out without it.
- Running socks – I bought a package of specialty running socks after hearing a friend rave about them. Nothing fancy, just good old Champion socks. They give my feet the extra support they need.
- Runner’s belt – When I head outside for a run, I hate carrying my keys in my hands. It is so uncomfortable and annoying. And that is the exact reason why I bought a runners belt. It is inconspicuous and fits tightly around my waist without creating extra bulk. If you want to experience hands-free runs, I highly recommend you add a runner’s belt to your exercise essentials.
- iPhone armband – This is nothing new. I think everyone has one of these! Believe it or not, I used to be a “carry my phone in my hands” kind of girl. My husband thought I should get with the times and bought me an armband! Between this and the runner’s belt, I honestly feel like my runs are a lot less restricted.
- A good pair of running shoes – This one is blatantly obvious, but I think it is important to stress how key a good pair of running shoes is. I ran in shoes that were 100% wrong for my feet for years, and I paid for that poor decision with a bad knee. Thankfully, I went to a running store and told them about my issues. They were able to get me into a pair of shoes meant for my feet, and soon, the pain disappeared. Never again will I go back to any old pair of shoes!
- Running shorts and a tank top – This is my summer workout uniform. Nothing beats a good pair of running shorts and a tank top. Nothing!
Now that I think about it, I wore/used the majority of my exercise essentials during my Pretty Muddy run! I take the majority of the above everywhere I go.
While I am a self-motivated person, knowing I have good gear to carry me through my workouts makes exercising 10x more fun. I am a huge advocate for doing whatever it takes to make exercise a routine thing, so come up with your own essentials and get sweating!